Calling all CIBA members!
The Central Indiana Bicycling Association is seeking individuals to serve as Ride Chair or co-Ride Chairs. The Ride Chair will work with the board, members of the Ride Pillar, ride leaders and other CIBA volunteers to plan, organize and execute all club rides with the exception of fee rides such as the Hilly Hundred and NITE Ride. Rides are organized by an individual with specific duties and reporting to the Ride Chair. A few of the Ride Chair duties follow:
1. Select club members to organize each of the ride types. The Ride Chair should ensure that these individuals work as a team; minimizing duplication of effort and resolving conflicting goals.
2. Maintain an archive of resources (ride schedules, Ride Leader’s Manual, etc.)
3. Provide recruiting resources to pillar members.
4. Identify potential new ride leaders from volunteer survey forms.
5. Identify problems with rides during the season, and review these problems with the board and others in the Ride Pillar.
This is not an exhaustive list, and while many elements are prescribed we are always looking for volunteers with unique and creative ideas to continue to provide great ride experiences to CIBA members and central Indiana.
The Ride Chair has the full support of the board, and training will take place with the outgoing Ride Chair.
Please submit any questions and/or your interest via email to Katie Feltman at firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement on why you would like to take on this role, relevant experience, and any other points for the board to consider.